23 November 2012

Indian Buffet Maharaja Review

Where to find good Indian food in MontreaL? You definitely should try Maharaja Indian buffet! It's located at the core of downtown.  I have taken pictures of their different variety of curry and interesting desserts! I have to say, it was quite an mouth-opening experience I had. Now let's see what kind of food they have!

I love the interior decors. It's quite oriental with a few Indian statues, sculptures, paintings...etc. You find bits of cool artifacts in the restaurant. Really. As you can see, the decors are quite lovely. There is a big solarium section on the right side. It is a nice atmosphere for quiet couples or extremely noisy young adults (ahem... my friend threw a party there... and we were pretty loud. Sorrryyy)


This is where the chefs cook live. When I went there, he was probably taking a break after making those crunchy crepes (pretty sure I am not using the right term.) As you can see, it's quite a big space for a buffet kitchen. I'm not quite sure where they cook their food, could be here... maybe. You will have to visit them at the right timing to tell.

Now, I absolutely love this. I had to wait for the chef to leave his post so I can take a picture of this. I felt awkward asking him to be in the picture... solution: Wait till he leaves! Now this is where he makes the crepe. Then he dips the crepe into a sugary sauce. It's very tasty. Kinda like how dipping it in maple syrup. 

Mother of curry... There were sooooo many kind of curry I had no idea which to pick! So I chose the butter chicken curry and some lamb peas. I also tried the spicy beef curry. If you are scared of spiciness, don't worry. The curry are not spicy. They tell you on the tag if the curry is spicy or not. So read and taste.

Look at them! They are so fresh and steaming! Wonderful, isn't it?

Now onto Maharaja's dessert! This is their puddings. They seem to pride themselves in it. There are always this one guy who kept rearranging them and filling up the empty space. 

In my life, I had never seen blue and green jello. So I had to take a picture of those jellos! 

This is my dessert dish. On top, there's vanilla, chocolate and green tea flavored ice cream. I LOOOOVE the green tea one. So delicious. Then you have the colorful jello. Then the two mysterious desserts. I had the most fun tasting those peculiar desserts. They are so different from cakes and normal desserts I am used to. The one on the left is some sort of soft marshmallows dipped in milk. It's actually very good. Then in the middle, I guess it's a pudding. I didn't quite like it. I have no idea what flavor it was since it was like nothing I had eaten before. There are also rice pudding but I was too stuffed to try that out. People said it was good so we will take their words for it. 

Apparently, these are fried cheese! I was staring at it floating in sweet sauce for some time. Wondering how on earth can Cheese look so bad yet taste so good! It's not burnt. Nooooo. It actually very soft when you bit on it. Inside, it's beige color... it's like donuts...

Another Indian dessert that seem so strange. My friends were like "Are those radiated Pretzels?" LOLOLOL. My Indian friend told me that these are liquid that was solidify and fried. I had a taste. It was very sweet and juicy (since it used to be in liquid form). To be honest, it tasted like melted popcorn.

My friends and I had a great time lunching there. The waitress was very attentive to our demand. She didn't leave the water jar unattended. She kept coming to fill it up and clean up our plates. Pretty good service if you ask me! I had two plates of curry and one plate of dessert (you saw above). I was stuffed! Quite delicious. Like I said, if you want to try out curry, go to Maharaja. There are so many variety for you to try. You don't have to waste money to buy one particular curry flavor at food court. With a bit more, you can try as many types as you want there at Maharaja.

The Maharaja Indian Buffet prices:
Monday - Wednesday $12.99 (lunch) $16.99 (dinner)
Thursday - Sunday $13.99 (lunch) $18.99 (dinner)

Buffet Maharaja
1481 Boulevard Rene-Levesque Ouest
MontrĂ©alQC H3G2H5
Buffet Maharaja on Urbanspoon

Don't forget to join us on Facebook: LIKE
For more Era Fey Experiences: Click Here!
Or simply click on Join This Site/Blog button on the right -----------> Scroll a bit up, my dear! To the right!

Leave your comments below. Share your experience on food with me! I would love to learn more!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
F