10 November 2012

Usogui Review


Usogui is truly a gem among the rocks that I stumbled across. While the manga is mainly about gambling, it has amazing fight scenes. What's more? People actually suffer severe consequences in this manga if they lose in a gamble. I had read a few gambling manga (More for the thrill of it) but none had reached the awesomeness of this one. Liar Game wasn't too bad but it's getting boring recently. Anyhow, you don't have to be a gambler to appreciate Usogui. I have no idea how to gamble at all, yet I love the manga. You'll see in a minute what's so good about this manga. 

The story starts with Kaji, your average citizen, meeting Baku "Usogui" (aka Lie Eater). Of course, most plot, Kaji is in trouble and Usogui, a stranger they coincidentally met on the day of trouble, decided to help him. So Usogui has an epic gambler with loan shark and won. 

What we learn about this manga is that Baku (Usogui) is not exactly the saint protagonist. He is capable of watching his opponents getting hanged from losing a game. Well, it's either he dies or the opponents. Nevertheless, Baku is shown to be pretty sadist and manipulative. When he owns his opponents, it's always satisfying. No half ass ownage... but serious kick-ass ownage. 

The art is absolutely breath-taking. I love how the artist draws their body line. And Hooooly shit, the suit. Men in suit are the sexiest. I swear. That was an biiiig bonus for me. I am always busy ogling the sexy male characters than understanding the gamble. 

 Awww Yeah! The art is gorgeous, isn't it? You have to be blind not to agree with me. The flawless detail, the tension, everything! Perfection! It's like drawn by Chuck Norris or something. Seriously, when was the last time you read a manga with such great beauty? I shall now ogle the men in peace... *hide in corner and drool* Anyhow, don't forget to leave a comment below and stay tune for next week's manga recommendation!

To read Usogui chapters: http://mangafox.me/manga/usogui/

For more Other Anime: Click Here
Facebook: LIKE
Or simply click on the Join This Site/Blog button on the right -->

Leave your comment below! Tell me what you think of this amazing manga. If you have any manga/anime recommendations, fire them at me!

1 comments:

  1. Great review, I will give it a try :) Thank you

    ReplyDelete

 
F