3 November 2012

Zetsuen No Tempest Review

Zetsuen no Tempest is a new anime that I fell in love with. The art is magnificent. I love the solemn atmosphere and intriguing characters. The main protagonists are by no mean gentleman. As you can see from this gif (above) and screenshot (below), Mahiro (blond) kicked a woman in the face. That gotta hurts. 

Now, allow me to review Zetsuen no Tempest and introduce you to an anime you might not have considered before. 
On his very first real appearance in the anime, this is how it happens... Mahiro kicked Evangeline in the face. He had teleported from somewhere else to save Yoshino from being attacked by Eva. The story then gets interesting when Eva asked Mahiro if he had met a mage... so at first we are like "huuuh? There's magic in this anime?" LOLOLOL

Mahiro (blond): Lone-wolf, cold, fighter, handsome and rich bad boy.
Yoshino: Don't be fooled by his innocent charm. He can calmly aim a gun at you (happened in the anime)

The story begins with Mahiro being missing for 3 months after the death of his sister Aika (who is secretly Yoshino's girlfriend). Don't worry, I am not spoiling. You will know these fact straight out of episode 1. So Mahiro, angered by the murder of his sister, came across a wooden voodoo doll on the beach. That voodoo doll is sent by a stranded witch (3rd protagonist) who wished to stop a disaster. The two characters then formed a contract. Mahiro would try to stop the disaster (quite an interesting story line) which involved this disease that turns people into iron. On the other hand, the witch will help Mahiro find the murderer of his sister Aika. 

Along the way, Mahiro met up with Yoshino (his 'con-artist' best friend) who was being attacked by Eva the woman with the gun above) while Yoshino was paying his respect to Aika's tombstone. 

Cute Yoshino and Mahiro moment. Yoshino is like a mom taking care of her naughty son... hehe... naughty... *wink* maybe wife... seriously, what's with those hairpins. I can't help getting distracted the whole anime. I kept going... 'ah I love his hair... and where can I buy those hairpins?!'

A sad Yoshino quoting Hamlet.
Forty thousand brothers could not, with all their quantity of love, make up my sum.
Until now I have no idea what he means. He was probably mourning the death of Aika...
This is the disaster he are supposed to stop. This is a fruit that an evil sorcerer clan is trying to plant around the world. This symptom of the fruit causes people (without magic protection) to turn into stone. No only must the boys stop the disaster, they also must fight the evil sorcerers. That's when the anime is awesssoooome. The fight scenes are really beautiful to watch with lots of pretty blue lights (as they teleport here and there). Seriously, you have to trust me that the fight is damn awesome.

Now for the awkward moments in the anime. READY?
I can tell you in advance that the anime has quite a few fanservices. I swear.  So time to feel awkward!

Mahiro wiping a boo boo. It's their first conversation after 3 months of separation. When Mahiro did that, I was like... do best friends do that? I certainly don't do that with my female friends! Let alone 2 young men! Trololol! AWKWARD! NEXT!
NAKED MAHIRO! Well... *Cough* that was unexpected. Anyhow this happens in episode 4, after everyone turned into metal, Mahiro and Yoshino broke into someone's house to rest. It's not like the owners will get angry since they are... metallized. 

Seriously, this is fanservice at its best (for young women). The camera went from knees up to head. I was like (O.o)'''
For yaoi fangirls, this is the moment.
Too bad Mahiro rejects Yoshino. Kidding, Yoshino had randomly barged in bathroom and saw Mahiro naked. The reason Yoshino was surprised was that he had just looked away from Mahiro for a second and when he turned around.... well he got flashed or mooned... whatever you call it.

Sulking adorably for not able to join Mahiro in bath... Mahiro went to cook instead. Such a good wifey! I am sooo teasing Yoshino for being a wife until the day he stops wearing those hairpins! 
My Feels for these boys! 

For more Other Anime: Click Here.
Facebook: LIKE

Or simply click on the Join This Site/Blog button on the right -->

Leave your comment below! Tell me what you think of this beautiful anime. If you have any manga/anime recommendations, fire them at me!

4 comments:

  1. I'm currently watching Zombie Loan but this looks interesting too.I still don't know what to think about yaoi manga or anime.I droll most of the time but I have to admit that sometimes I hate the coupling and wish they were straight.Asians don't mind expressing their affections toward the same sex in public.Hug or kiss is normal to them,a sort of a friendly gesture and I so love them when they do that.They look adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Zombie Loan... that anime is like ancient. I watched it years ago I can barely remember the plot. All I remember was glasses girl, 2 dudes, one had a neck scar...
      lol my Asian friends aren't exactly the touchy-touchy type. Anyway, I find a bit of bromance in anime/manga cute. XD

      Delete
  2. Yeah I know it's ancient,but I watched the most popular,the most likable and now I have to watch those I never planned to watch just because I have nothing better to do.Bromance in an anime is desirable,hotness is necessity and humor is obligatory.I especially like when characters make faces.I would just hug the screen because of the cuteness :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I also like dark theme anime... *sadist manga lover*
      Bromance is soooo fun. For me, sexy male characters + good plot = I am SOLD!

      Delete

 
F