11 January 2013

Misoya Sushi Review

Misoya is probably one of the most underrated Asian restaurants in Montreal. The food is extreeemely delicious. The outside doesn't look very attractive because of the part of a bigger store next door but you should never judge the book by its cover. My family went in there and booooyyyy, it's quite homey. It's tiny and cute. The waitress was very friendly. There was no other customer beside us so they dedicate all their love in their food. Result: very yummy. 
They serve both Korean and Japanese dishes which are quite authenticated. We had bimbimbap, sushi and some udon tempura shrimp noodle soup (<---- definitely delicious. Must try it)

 Delicious tea. It has a very 'beautiful' taste to it. I can't quite explain. It's just ... beautiful. The taste. I know it sounds weird but it was like a soft layer of creamy feel when you drink it. You have to try it yourself. 
I know I say this many times already but the food is allll amazing. I have never been to a restaurant where I just want to eat every single thing and was sad that my stomach is tiny. The miso is very smooth. The tofu is carefully diced and the ingredients are well cut. 

Ok enough of vintage photos. I didn't bring my camera so I used my dad's phone and I was like "oooOOhhhh it has cool features so we had fun trying those out. So the following pictures are not up to my usual quality. I like natural and pretty. Hohoho... I have an unhealthy love towards my camera. Kidding.  

The sushi are very fresh and delicious. Having worked at a sushi franchise as cashier, I have my fair share of knowledge when it comes to quality and freshness. (Tips for freshness: to know if the sushi is good, look at the state of the avocados. If the avocados are beautifully green with no brown area, it's very fresh.) 

The tempura shrimp is very crunchy and everything was just pure delicious. The sushi rolls are also well rolled (not loose. The ingredients are falling apart.) Overall sushi: A. I will definitely go back again. 
 I love how they decorated the wasabi. They made it looks like blooming flowers. Quite cute. 

 The green salad was okay. I am more fond of their wakame salad (below). The sauce they dipped the wakame in was sweet and yummy. Oh geez, I am getting hungry just by looking at all these pictures as I am typing right now (and I just ate!)

Don't let this soaky appearance disappoint you. It's soooo good. The tempura is so crunchy. The udon noodles are smooth like silk. I love it. Even though it's my little brother's meal, I kept stealing some when he wasn't looking. That's how good it is! I'm not even kidding. Next time when I go back, I am bringing in a crowd so that everyone can order something different and we can all try out their other meals. I bet they are alllll delicious. If you are in Montreal and have a love for Asian food, go to Misoya. 
You won't regret it. 

Misoya on Urbanspoon

Don't forget to join us on Facebook: LIKE
For more Era Fey Experiences: Click Here!
Click on Join This Site/Blog button on the right sidebar

Leave your comment below. Those are some fineeee looking sushi, aren't they? Yummy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
F